Dump Truck Driver
We need experienced and responsible laborers like you to join our honest and reputable company that is renowned for treating employees with respect and fairness. We want to offer you competitive pay and opportunities for advancement. Collaborate with some of the hardest-working professionals in the industry and take advantage of leading tools and equipment provided by our company for your use. Take pride in working alongside other respected laborers to provide top-quality services in both commercial and residential settings. Join our team and learn how fulfilling it is to be rewarded appropriately for your efforts while you develop your skills and learn the newest construction techniques in a fast-paced environment. Drives dump trucks and other vehicles and performs general labor duties on asphalt crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes driver's checklist completely by start time.
- Practices good, safe driving skills in all operating conditions, following all vehicular safety regulations.
- Spreads gravel efficiently.
- Spots truck into box, paver, and Lee Boy.
- Places asphalt as directed by Foreman.
- Drives straight and correctly.
- Makes sure all loads are secured.
- Uses spotter while backing up.
- Keeps the truck clean inside and out on a daily basis.
- Utilizes GPS and gets to job sites and to material sources in a timely manner.
- Completes all required paperwork thoroughly, accurately, correctly and submits to foreman in a timely manner.
- Loads and unloads equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensures truck is fueled every night.
- Performs non-driving, general labor work as needed, and on a regular basis. Shovels, rakes, rolls, and operates equipment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and practices preventive safety measures.
- Wears required PPE daily and abides by the companies Health & Safety Manual and OSHA regulations.
JOB SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Class A driver’s license.
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends
- Ability to lift heavy equipment
- Excellent stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Retirement plan with up to a 3% company match.
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Advancement Opportunities