Baltimore Asphalt Services
Reliable Asphalt Paving, Repair, & Overlay Services in baltimore
Mid Atlantic Asphalt will take your vision and make it a reality with our exceptional asphalt services. Our quality workmanship paves the way for residential and commercial clients to put their best foot forward throughout Maryland (pun absolutely intended). We are a family-owned and operated business that has seen the industry grow and change since opening back in 1975. Our experience in asphalt overlay and driveway paving gives us the know-how to tackle asphalt projects big or small.
For expert asphalt services in Baltimore, contact us online or at (410) 999-1263 today!
At Mid Atlantic Asphalt, we offer a variety of asphalt pavement services to ensure your spaces are long-lasting, durable, and beautiful. So when you're looking for paving companies in Baltimore, we're the team to call.
Our asphalt services include:
- Asphalt paving
- Asphalt repair
- Asphalt milling
- Asphalt overlay
Contact us at (410) 999-1263 today to learn more about our asphalt services. When you're searching for paving companies in Baltimore, you've come to the right place.
What's the Difference Between Asphalt and Blacktop?
Blacktop is commonly used with driveways and residential roads while asphalt is mainly used for major highways and streets. Both asphalt and blacktop are made with the same materials and are similar. Asphalt is stronger and has a lower mixture of crushed stone than blacktop.
Benefits of Asphalt
Asphalt is known for its strength, which is why it has been used to pave streets for years. However, there are many other benefits to choosing asphalt for your next paving project.
4 benefits of asphalt:
- Long-lasting: On average, asphalt will last roughly 20 years—with sealing increasing this already long life span.
- Cost-efficient: Asphalt is more affordable than concrete in both material and installation costs, saving you big.
- Highly recyclable: Nearly 80% of removed asphalt pavement is recycled, making it one of the most recycled materials in the U.S.
- Incredibly safe: Asphalt’s dark color can reduce glare and help melt snow and ice; keeping parking lots safer than other materials.
Signs YOu Need Your Asphalt Repaired
As mentioned above, asphalt is commonly used because of its strength. However, it does not last forever; even with sealing, its maximum lifespan is 20 years. Therefore, during these 20 years, it's not uncommon for you to need repairs.
Common signs that you need asphalt repair in Baltimore include:
- Cracks: These are the most common sign that your asphalt is beginning to deteriorate. It's important that you contact us even if you notice a few tiny cracks on the surface. This is because even tiny cracks can be dangerous; leaving your asphalt vulnerable to water, salt, gas, oil, and other chemicals that are known to cause asphalt degradation. In the winter, cracks are especially dangerous because water can get inside the crack and freeze, forcing it to expand due to the pressure. To learn more about the different types of asphalt cracks, check out our blog post.
- Depressions: Do you have areas of your asphalt that are lower than others? This is known as a depression. It's important that you get these repaired because it makes your driveway more difficult to drive on due to the uneven levels. Additionally, depressions can fill with rain, making them even more dangerous. If a driver or pedestrian is unable to see just how deep the depression is, they may think its safe to drive over or walk on, which can result in damage to the vehicle or injury.
- Pot holes: As the ground beneath asphalt expands and contracts, it causes the asphalt to weaken and form cracks. Due to traffic, the cracks widen and pieces can become dislodged, creating a pothole. They are dangerous because they have sharp edges and depth that can damage vehicles if they drive over them. Additionally, people who walk or ride their bicycle over a pothole are at risk of injury. This creates a liability for your commercial property.
- Raveling: Have you ever walked or driven on pavement that seemed to be really bumpy and have a ton of loose rocks? This could be because of raveling, or erosion that occurs when asphalt is laid when it's too cold outside. Lack of warmth prevents the asphalt from solidifying properly. Raveling asphalt is more prone to cracks, which is why it can be so dangerous.
Contact Mid Atlantic Asphalt at (410) 999-1263 for all your asphalt repair needs today! Our paving company in Baltimore is ready to help.
Asphalt Contractors in Baltimore Who Pave the Way
We are a full-service paving company in Baltimore and will happily put our 40+ years of service to work for you. No matter the issue, our experienced team serves with honesty, initiative, and passion—and we are committed to your absolute satisfaction.
Mid Atlantic Asphalt will handle all of your pavement needs from start to finish. We happily plan, manage, and execute your vision with laser-like precision. Our professional team understands that asphalt services are rarely thought about until they are desperately needed, which is why we respond rapidly and send trustworthy contractors out to thoroughly evaluate your property’s needs.
We have been the premier asphalt company in Baltimore due to our fair prices, honest service, and fast and durable results. In fact, every school in Anne Arundel and Prince Georges Counties trusts Mid Atlantic Asphalt to keep their pavement smooth and long-lasting. If you are looking for exceptional asphalt services in Baltimore, look no further. Mid Atlantic Asphalt has the tools and experience to get the job done right, right away.
- Air-Entrained Concrete: How to Make Sure Your Pavement Survives the Winter
- Sealcoating a Parking Lot: Why Is It Important?
- A Quick Look into Why Filling Asphalt Pavement Cracks Is Important
Call our team today at (410) 999-1263 or contact us online to schedule a paving service.