The Estimator/Project Manager assists the estimating department by qualifying Request for Bids; herein referred to as RFPs, from existing and potential clients, for viability and attainability. This position requires: attending pre-bid meetings; issuing RFIs as needed; taking measurements; evaluating jobsite conditions; reviewing project drawings; reading project specifications; and contacting suppliers, vendors and subcontractors. The Sales Representative/Project Manager assesses collected data, converts this information into scopes of work and take-offs, materials and manpower pricing estimates, and incorporates these into RFP response documents. Must work well in a team setting and independently.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Attend Sales and Marketing strategy meetings.
- Make contact with clients and qualify leads.
- Schedule and conduct pre-bid meetings with clients.
- Read and review civil, architectural and/or structural engineering plans, drawings and specifications.
- Prepare site take-off, measurements, calculations, etc.
- Estimate costs for materials, supplies, manpower, etc.
- Negotiate proposal terms and pricing with clients, and make revisions as needed.
- Perform regular follow-ups until projects are awarded or are no longer valid opportunities.
- Serve as liaison between client, Director of Operations, Project Manager and Foreman, from initial project phase to completion.
- Work closely with Director of Operations, Project Manager and Foreman to hand-off projects.
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist with company marketing campaigns.
- Attend trade shows, conventions, expos and networking events.
- Perform outreach to new and existing clients.
- Attend training seminars and stay current about latest estimating programs and methods.
- Process work orders, attach pictures, drawings, field notes, directions, etc.
- Work with Operations to ensure material companies/vendors schedule on-time delivery of supplies.
- Assist with subcontractors and coordinate with private utility locators (e.g., Miss Utility, etc.).
- Meet with crews and subcontractors at start of project to "walk" the job.
- Attend progress meetings throughout project.
- Track all change orders and promptly process paperwork.
- Monitor and compare actual costs against estimated costs throughout project.
- Perform post-construction inspections and final walk through with customers.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion project goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients, Director of Operations and Management.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Other duties as assigned and necessary including snow and ice management during the slow season.
- Minimum 5+ years of estimating experience in construction (asphalt, concrete and sport courts) or maintenance industry.
- AA/BA degree preferred; will substitute work experience in lieu of college degree.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficient using PlanSwift software.
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Dependable and professional team player.
- Superior organization and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Clean driving record and criminal history (background check required).
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Base pay salary plus commissions (Predicted first-year wages: $50 - $60K)
- Paid holidays, vacation and training.
- Retirement plan with 3% company match.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company issued take-home vehicle.
- Company issued cell phone.
- Company issued laptop.
- Company issued iPad.
Please Follow these steps:
- Fill out application form below along with submitting your resume.
- Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your resume in the form below.