Crack Filling Services in Baltimore
While asphalt is known for its durability, it is not indestructible. Over time, wear and tear will catch up to your asphalt, leading to the formation of small cracks. Unfortunately, even small cracks can spell big trouble for your road, parking lot, or driveway. And how you handle these small signals ultimately decides the lifespan of your asphalt. Don’t let small cracks lead to big problems. Contact Mid Atlantic Asphalt for knowledgeable and speedy filing services in Baltimore.
We have been serving Maryland for 40+ years and understand the challenges you, as a property owner, face in keeping your property’s pavements beautiful. Our professional team works with you to eliminate those challenges, by creating excellent, long-lasting parking lots, school grounds, driveways, and more.
Call our team today at (410) 999-1263 to learn more about our crack filing services.
When Is Crack Filler Needed?
A crack as small as .1 inches can start letting water and snow through your asphalt, allowing it to penetrate the subbase. When moisture sits and builds up in this lower layer, it can soften the stone and lead to spider webbing, potholes, and eventually, pavement failure. Instead of paying the time and money to get your asphalt replaced, keep an eye out for any cracks in your surfaces, and get them filled as soon as possible.
6 types of cracks:
- Transverse cracks: These tend to be the first cracks to appear. They extend perpendicular to the centerline of the pavement.
- Longitudinal cracks: Running parallel to the pavement’s centerline, these cracks tend to develop due to extreme shifts in temperature.
- Edge cracks: As the name suggests, these cracks develop at the edge of the pavement and can pop up due to thawing snow.
- Alligator cracks: These cracks are small and interconnected, leading to the appearance of alligator skin. Especially prevalent in parking lots and highways, these cracks often form because of consistent traffic loading.
- Block cracks: If your asphalt was applied when it was too dry, it can lead to these types of square cracks to form.
- Seam cracks: Poor paving practices can lead to cracks forming along the seams of your pavement.
Each type of crack needs to be handled differently, which is where our experts at Mid Atlantic Asphalt come in. We have the skill and experience to quickly diagnose your pavement issues and fill cracks in no time—at a price that fits your budget.
Client Focused Filing Services
“On a scale of 1-5, I score them at a 10!” – Past Customer
We have been Baltimore’s trusted name in quality asphalt, concrete, and sport court services since 1975. We know that our business has only grown thanks to word of mouth and that is why we work tirelessly to treat every project with respect and a keen attention to detail.
At Mid Atlantic Asphalt, we are committed to quality, which is why we only offer exceptional workmanship and the best products that have been proven to provide lasting results.